[Beta] phpBB3 social Comment System

phpBB3 social Comment System Mod And Support
kber
Site Admin

[Beta] phpBB3 social Comment System

Post by kber » 02 Mar 2011, 20:59

MOD Title: phpBB3 social Comment System

MOD Author: (kber) http://www.phpbbegypt.com

MOD Description: Yesterday Facebook is lifting the curtain on its big new comments platform , This MOD will simply add this platform to phpBB3 system.
Whenever you leave a comment on a phpBB Forum that’s using Facebook comments, you’ll see a checkbox asking if you’d like to also post that comment to Facebook. Leave it checked (it is by default), and your comment will be posted on your Facebook Wall and in your friends’ News Feeds.

MOD Version: 1.0.3

at 14 October 2011 adding facebook new code
at 26 march 2011 adding the number of comment below the topic title .
at 15 April 2011 Add an option for a darker color Comments box

Selected tags:

1. Category
1. Add-Ons

2. Complexity
1. Files Edit
2. Template Changes

3. Time
1. ~ 5 Minutes

4. phpBB
1. 3.0.9

Faq :
Q1 : What this help for ?
A1 : Let’s say I leave a comment on phpBBegypt and opt to have that comment shared to Facebook, too. Then, if one of my Facebook friends comes along and leaves a comment on Facebook about my comment, their comment will be posted back to phpBBegypt( see the next image ). In other words, any discussion that my comment sparks between my Facebook friends will be seen on phpBBegypt as well. That’s very powerful, and it’s something that nobody else can do

Q2 : Can i moderate this comments ?
A2 :Yes ..You Can (Hide Comment /Ban User) For Every Post By using Face Book App Id (You Can Get It For Free) .. more info in the modx file later

You can test it your self below this topic ...you’ll notice that if you’re already logged into Facebook, you won’t have to click though any authentication options. More important, you’ll notice that any comments you write are being left under your real name, which spells bad news for you trolls and spammers. And then there are the viral Facebook-centric features that other comment engines simply can’t compete with

Download

Please

kber
Site Admin

Re: [Beta] phpBB3_Facebook Comment System

Post by kber » 25 Mar 2011, 20:04

Beta Released and download link is added to first post , please report any bugs you may find

Mohamed

Post by Mohamed » 25 Apr 2011, 04:57

First Of all Thanks so Much for his amazing Module i use it on my forum

Seond : Please i am admin of this forum www.ptworld.ws/forum and i added this module .. but i can't delete others comment ... Do you mind to tell me how to delete there facebook comments and i will be very thankfull :D

kber
Site Admin

Post by kber » 25 Apr 2011, 15:00

Mohamed wrote:First Of all Thanks so Much for his amazing Module i use it on my forum

Seond : Please i am admin of this forum http://www.ptworld.ws/forum and i added this module .. but i can't delete others comment ... Do you mind to tell me how to delete there facebook comments and i will be very thankfull :D
Hi Mohamed , what you mean by (can't delete others comment)

Mohamed

Post by Mohamed » 25 Apr 2011, 18:19

Fisrt Thanks Kber for quick response

I mean if some one added comment through facebook Comment system ( Your Mod ) and i want to delete his comment how can i do that ... cause there is no delete option appear :|

kber
Site Admin

Post by kber » 26 Apr 2011, 08:54

Mohamed wrote:Fisrt Thanks Kber for quick response

I mean if some one added comment through facebook Comment system ( Your Mod ) and i want to delete his comment how can i do that ... cause there is no delete option appear :|
it should (check the screenshot below) .. are you fill your app id ?

Mohamed

Post by Mohamed » 27 Apr 2011, 06:26

Kber .. I'm Very Thankfull for ur help

But i'M sorry ... Please help me .. :( I did everything in your install File and the moderator view in the screen shot you put doesn't appear also

The question is : 1- Where should this moderator view should appear .. ( in the forum or facebook) and why doesn't it appear in both

2- How can i make it appear to be able to delete any bad comments .. please help me and review the install file may be you fogot to write something ? and Maaaaaaaaaaaany Thanks For you :)

kber
Site Admin

Post by kber » 27 Apr 2011, 13:50

Mohamed wrote:Kber .. I'm Very Thankfull for ur help

But i'M sorry ... Please help me .. :( I did everything in your install File and the moderator view in the screen shot you put doesn't appear also

The question is : 1- Where should this moderator view should appear .. ( in the forum or facebook) and why doesn't it appear in both

2- How can i make it appear to be able to delete any bad comments .. please help me and review the install file may be you fogot to write something ? and Maaaaaaaaaaaany Thanks For you :)
It should appear in both , forum and facebook tools , are you add the meta tag as it is at the mod file ?

Code: Select all

<meta property="fb:admins" content="Your facebook id"/> 
<meta property="fb:app_id" content="your app id"> 

Mohamed

Post by Mohamed » 28 Apr 2011, 02:19

Thanks so so Much Kber for your help .. yes you are right there was a little mistake i did and by your help it got fixed ... Many Many Thanks again prof. Kber and for this great proffesional Mod .. from Proffesional Developer :)

tamislam

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 social Comment System

Post by tamislam » 17 May 2011, 04:18

how can i add this comment system for my phpbb2 forum :?: